-->

Friday, October 23, 2015

Mid-term exam

#1.
 I think, the most applicable topic we've covered for my language learning and teaching will be MOTIVATION. There are some reasons to support my thinking. Firstly, most of human beings are living on highly motivations. If we do not have any reasons for living in universe, then there's no reason for living. In addition to humans are created by finding motivations through their whole lives and humans are the motivators themselves. During an adolescent period,  they look for first motivation as I put it that way. It must be  difficult to interest in other language but if I can find for them, their motivation will be equally apply to their likes or favourites. Then, that will brings up higher productivity in their works. Even though, they only care about the grades, I can use most of it in order to they find English easy or choose English for future relevant  jobs. To take a very simple case, when I was 12 years old, unfamiliar subject was rejected by me, I really hated that subject but the teacher gave me a courage and started to little compliment to me even though I was not good at it. Then I started to have interests and work hard with good results from the subject. Finally, I became a honor of that subject in our class, I was very pleased with it. When I help the motive of my students action then I would be more happier then ever.


#2.
 As soon as I become a English teacher in near future, I can not wait to use learning styles to my future students! To know my students little bit better, In my first day of class, I would like to use the Myers-Brigg test. The reason is that students will find out quite interesting to know what's their preferences and personalities types. My obligation towards to my students is to have fun in my class and get credits of it. According to Tesia Marshik statement, there are no certain right learning styles in order to learn effectively. I might agree with what she said but I am not going to use just one fixed learning style to one student. As we all know, we all have different intelligences so I would rather use all varieties of 9 learning styles to develop students’ intelligences. Personally, I do not think that we do have fixed personalities, especially for young learners. Therefore, my teaching curriculum will be use kinesthetic style by studying movements or using origami and for some week after, I probably use verbal-linguistic by sing English songs or role plays to develop their language skills and interests in language. The reason why I have these plans so far; I have not had many teaching experiences but when I was teaching reading to 11 years old student, I used only a lecture style like a boring block style of teaching,That ended up the elementary poor student found out boring of my teaching and her mother told and asked me to change something in her tutoring. I had to worked out and finding out new teaching styles and thinking over and over that how could I teach her in enjoyable study? Luckily, I had to get some advices from my English teacher. When we were reading a book, we listened to related song to our book and little bit of talking about the book. Also we played game with new vocabularies to memorize herself. Finally, She had interest in my teaching and liked to read English book. I could see her improvement and I was very happy about that.



No comments:

Post a Comment